Workers, netizens condemn secret burial for a secret hero created by a secret deal
MANILA, Philippines — The Partido Manggagawa (PM) condemns the treacherous act of the Marcos Family, The Supreme Court, and the Duterte Administration after it secretly buried the remains of the late Ferdinand Emmanuel Edralin Marcos, Sr. also known as FM last Friday (18 November).
Renato Magtubo, PM Chairperson said the action only shows that there was a secret deal to make this travesty happen. He said, the Supreme Court decision simply rendered this political deal a legal character.
“The secret burial of the late dictator at the Libingan ng mga Bayani (LNMB) is a done deal no more, no less,” Magtubo explained.
Magtubo also said this could also be called a conspiracy, a shared triumph resulting from the highly coordinated action between the Marcos family and the Duterte government.
“We condemn this act as a mockery of justice and an affront to the principles of civility. Why bury a ‘hero’, their ‘honorable’ leader, sneakily away from national curiosity?” Magtubo added.
Hence, it rather looks like a burial for a high-level terrorist than one with state honors.
The secret burial did not only deny the victims of martial law the chance to reverse the verdict against their tormentor. It also reduced the peoples’ genuine quest for justice a trivial chasing game under the present administration.
In a survey conducted by ABS-CBN in a question, that was posted on their twitter page: “Anong masasabi mo sa biglaang paglilibing kay Pangulong Ferdinand Marcos sa Libingan ng Mga Bayani?”
[What can you say to the immediate burial of President Ferdinand Marcos in the Libingan ng Mga Bayani (LNMB]
Majority of the response were negative:
* Duane Banzon @redundancycheck @ABSCBNNews: “basurang libing para sa basurang magnanakaw” (12:14 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
* Jhaycielle Hernandez @Aivz8 @ABSCBNNews: “I still believe that he doesn’t deserve to be buried at LNMB. I still hopes this is just a nightmare that will soon end” (5:06 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
* zenszeiwa @zenszei .@abscbnnews: “Filipinos have short memories. Filipinos act too late. Kung kelan tapos na ang libing doon pa gagalaw” (12:17 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
Some blamed the President for the burial;
* Marc Concepcion @marcconcepcion: “I will NEVER FORGIVE Duterte for RE-IGNITING this” #MarcosBurial flame and finally made it happen! #MarcosNOTaHero @ABSCBNNews (12:15 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
* definitely_maybe @Inocenc1Maurice @ABSCBNNews: “ayan napala nyo’ binoto nyo ang presidenteng bayarang trapo’ TRAIDOR sa BAYAN pati libing nakaw pa rin” (12:48 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
* Neutral @edgar_sjr @ABSCBNNews: “..ang masasabi ko si Duterte ay corrupt, he was paid and get marcos support before election started. Pay time na” (1:31 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
Other netizens think that Marcos deserved to be buried at the heroes cemetery;
* Lalaine Valencia @lalavgutierrez @ABSCBNNews: “It is his right to be buried there” (1:42 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
* jimcondes @jimcondes @ABSCBNNews: ” OK lang.Kung alam kasi, tututulan ng mga ayaw.Magkakaroon ng traffic,stand off at http://sakitan.Rest in peace Apo” (2:09 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
Others, however, urged the public to simply “move on”:
* chic chic tortosa @earl_kristian @ABSCBNNews: “move on” (5:16 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
* nromanticism0002079 @nromanticism188 @ABSCBNNews @FrancisFaulve: “let’s move on…period…#SalamatAPO” (3:36 PM – 18 Nov 2016)
Bigger protest vs Marcos burial
Bonifacio Ilagan, the convenor of the Campaign Against the Return of the Marcoses to Malacañang (Carmma) said, they will set a broader protest action in greeting his excellency (PRRD) when he returned in the country after his attendance to APEC.
Ilagan said they want to show their disappointment and disapproval over the furtive burial of a dictator at the Libingan ng Mga Bayani (LNMB) in Taguig City.
“We’re laying it on him because no matter how we look at it, the process started with his pronouncement that if he becomes President, he’s going to allow the burial,” Ilagan said.
Secretary General of the national Union of People’s Lawyers (NUPL) Edre Olalia said their group is set to file on Monday (21 November) a motion to the Supreme Court to cite in contempt the Marcos family and officials of the Philippine Army and the Philippine National Police and that they be fined and imprisoned.
Aside from NUPL, Congressman Edcel Lagman from Albay will likewise file a similar motion schedule on the same day in the high tribunal, calling the Libingan burial premature, precipitate and irregular.
“The burial showed that the true colors and attitude of the Marcoses have not changed. They are so used to deceiving, lying to and abusing our country,” Lagman said in a radio interview.
Olalia, who represents former Bayan Muna Representatives Satur Ocampo and Neri Colmenares in the petition against the burial, slammed the “premature execution” of the court’s Nov. 8 decision, which he said was not yet final.
Meanwhile, DAKILA (nobility), a Philippine Collective for Modern Heroism, a group of artists, students, and individuals committed to advocating social consciousness formation among both their industry peers and their immediate audiences shared their sentiments and views when FM was buried secretly last Friday.
In their post dated 18 November, they said The perpetrator of some of the worst abuses against Filipinos has now received a privilege once reserved for those who have defended the honour and freedom of our country.
We cannot stand idly by as this insult to Philippine heroism prospers.
We cannot allow the memory of a dictator’s victims to be trampled in this way.
We cannot remain silent as our history is twisted and erased.
Our voices united must rise above the lies.
The truth of Marcos’ crimes and abuses cannot be buried along with his body.
Let us honor the real heroes and let truth soar.
In 1977, Celeste Legaspi sang of the hopes of Filipinos flying as high as a kite, all the while hiding a message of dissent against the Marcos dictatorship. Today, we are compelled to raise the truths belied by the light melodies of “Saranggola ni Pepe”.
Join us in flying black kites as a protest against the burial of the dictator, Ferdinand Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.
Instructions for a simple kite here: http://www.budgetdumpster.com/blog/diy-make-kite-trash-bag/
“Matayog ang lipad ng saranggola ni Pepe
Matayog ang pangarap ng matandang bingi
Lumuha ang langit at ang mundo ay nanliit
Pinilit umawit, ang naglaro’y isang ingit
Kumakaway sa bakod ang anghel na nakatanod
Sumusuway sa utos, puso’y sinusunod
Nay… nay… nay… nay…
Nay… nay… nay… nay…”